Holly’s Dance carries a wide variety of dance attire required for all dance classes. Jazz, Ballet & Tap shoes, tights, leotards, leggings, dance shorts, dance tops, dance bags, tu tu’s and more!!!
Please make sure to have the following available to wear for your dance classes. Proper attire and shoes are important.
- Clothes must be form fitting to aid with seeking proper body alignment as well as allowing freedom of movement
- Some type of tight must be worn at all times for keeping the muscles in the legs warm. This helps to prevent injury (for example: pulled muscles)
- Over-sized 'sloppy or baggy' clothing is NOT allowed! Please do not wear “school clothes” or jeans, sweat pants or pajama’s to dance class
- Dancers will not be allowed to participate in class without the appropriate shoes and attire.
RECOMMENDED DANCE ATTIRE:
- Any color leotard, tights, leggings, dance shorts, sports bra’s & tank tops, wrap skirts, etc.
- Ballet Shoes- Pink leather or canvas is fine .... not satin
- Tap Shoes- Black patent leather or oxford style tap shoes. Character shoes with attached taps and appropriate heel height for appropriate age
- Jazz Shoes- For all Jazz classes Level I & II & Pre-Jazz classes wear: Black leather split sole
- For all Jazz classes Level III & Up wear: 1/2 Ballet Shoes (turners)
- Lyrical/Contemporary Shoes- 1/2 Ballet (Turners), Dance Paws or bare feet
- Fitted T-shirt, sweat pants, jazz pants, leggings, bike shorts or long shorts
- Ballet Shoes- Black leather soled ballet shoes
- Tap Shoes- Black tap or jazz shoes with taps attached
- JazzShoes- Black leather split sole
Please try to attend every class
- Please be on time for all classes so as not to hold up the other participants. We realize sometimes it cannot be helped, but tardiness is disruptive. Too many absences cause the student to fall behind, resulting in frustration, confusion and at times loss of skills already learned.
- Make-up classes are available for missed classes. It is your responsibility to ask your teacher which class would be appropriate.
- If you are unable to attend a make-up class a refund will not be given. Tuition is to be paid in full, whether or not every class is attended.
- Please do your best to see that make-ups are not a regular occurrence. Often times the choreography differs, this can cause frustration and distraction to the student making up as well as the entire class.
- Hair should be pulled up and off the face and neck
- No gum or food during class
- No street shoes in the studio
- Be on time for class, warm up is very important
- Keep noise level low in the lobby and peek-a-boo rooms
- Please escort your young child to and from the studio
- Please put your child's name in all dance attire and shoes
- Items left behind will be put into the lost and found and donated to the Good Will every 3 weeks
- Please make sure a restroom stop has been made BEFORE class
- Please check the bottom of your tap shoes BEFORE each class to make sure screws/nails are not protruding. This will help avoid damage to the dance floor.